STUDENT RESOURCES FOR GLOBAL GRIZZLIES
Through study abroad experiences, you can experience new places and cultures, make friends from around the world, and gain a global perspective–while earning credits towards your degree. Pursuing your studies in a different country will allow you to develop highly-valued skills such as intercultural communication, foreign languages, adaptability, and problem-solving.
WHY STUDY ABROAD?
Each year, GGC offers summer, semester and academic year programs in countries around the world in collaboration with GGC faculty members, our international exchange partners, the University System of Georgia, and independent, third-party providers. Our programs allow you to learn about new cultures and societies, while complementing GGC's academic offerings and disciplines.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO STUDY ABROAD?All GGC students interested in studying abroad with a GGC or non-GGC program must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be in good academic standing and be in good standing in their degree program (e.g., You cannot be on academic probation, conduct probation, or any form of academic warnings.)*
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher by the application deadline to participate in an exchange program with GGC's overseas partner institutions.
- Complete a minimum of 24 collegiate credit hours by the program start date.
- (for transfer students) Successfully complete a minimum of 1 full-time semester at GGC (e.g., enrolled and completed at least 12 credit hours).
For more detailed information about GGC's study abroad policies and your eligibility, please see the 'Student Study Abroad Policy in Procedures' in the GGC Handbook or reach out to the Office of Internationalization (email@example.com).
*Certain study abroad programs may require higher GPAs or other prerequisites. Please read the program's brochure carefully.
WHAT DOCUMENTS AND FORMS DO I NEED TO COMPLETE TO STUDY ABROAD?From budgeting to course approvals to grants, the forms below will help you plan your study abroad trip and complete all application requirements for every step of the study abroad process.
BEFORE APPLYING... WHILE APPLYING...
- Study Abroad Points of Contact (2024)
- Applying to Non-GGC Study Abroad Programs
- Course Approval Form
- Transient Request Form
- Budget Worksheet
- Student Code of Conduct for Study Abroad (Adults)
- Student Code of Conduct for Study Abroad (Minors)
- Emergency Contact List (2024)
- Study Abroad Cancellation Request
- U.S. State Department's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Offices Providing Consular Services
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s Travelers' Health for Studying Abroad
- Currency Exchange & Converter
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Internationalization: firstname.lastname@example.org.